Monday, February 9, 2009

positive affirmation.

while getting ready for work tonight i told myself over and over that i was going to go into dollar taco/pbr night with a positive attitude have a good night and leave happy. lately, i have hated every minute that i am working and people can see it on my face. which sucks because i love the people i work with and i don't want to treat my customers with such an attitude (even though 9 times out of 10 they deserve to be treated that way.)

when i walked into work tonight i was happy (this was at 4pm.) i had a great day of waking up getting my workout in then spending the day with aaron, kaluha, nicole and bodhi on the beach. taylor was working when i came in and i even got a minute to catch up with her (it had been a whole 24 hours since i had gotten to talk to her!) i had no reason in the world to be in a foul mood.i even had a post about my camera that i wanted to blog about but after being stuck in tower 7 all night i have no happy thoughts!

i did really well even after multiple tables pissed me off...i kept telling myself you are going to have a good night and you are going to be happy. for awhile the positive affirmation worked i was just letting things roll off my shoulder until about 9 pm. it was when i saw a .98 cent and an .86 cent tip that i got after running in circles for that certain table and then running out of pbrs (and every other mexican beer due to the insanely busy weekend) that that idea went right out the window. mondays are so annoying. customers are needy and drunk and there are way too many of them. hopefully, once i get the taco stench off of me, i will be able to blog about something positive.

No comments: